1/2" x 66' glass cloth electrical tape with pressure-sensitive rubber
Glass Cloth Electrical Tape 27 is a 7-mil woven insulating glass cloth tape with pressure-sensitive rubber thermosetting adhesive. This tape is designed to operate in 600-volt dry applications requiring high mechanical strength and resistance to high temperatures. The glass cloth is specially treated and prepared to provide corrosion-free protection. The glass cloth will not shrink, rot or burn, has a high tensile strength and is printable.
Brand name(s) : Scotch, 3M Tape
Agency Approvals,Self Certifications,MIL Specs Meets Requirements of:
• UL Recognized Component listing for 302° F (150° C), Guide OANZ2, File E17385
• CSA Accepted Component 266° F,(130° C), File LR93411
• Insulating electric and induction-type furnace power supply leads
• Securing systems requiring high mechanical strength and resistance to high temperatures
• Splicing wire SF and SFF rated 302° F (150° C), 356° F (180° C)
• Insulating motor lead connectors, switchers and controls for furnaces and ovens
• Insulation in coil wrapping outerwrap
• Provides heat stable insulation for hot spot applications
Data is not for specifications. Values are typical
and should not be considered minimum or maximum. Properties measured at
room temperature 73° F (~ 23° C) unless otherwise stated.
tape is a glass cloth electrical tape with a rubber thermosetting
adhesive. The tape shall be white and 7 mils (0,177 mm) thick. The tape
shall be coated on one side with pressure-sensitive adhesive, which
shall not require heat, moisture or other preparation prior to or
subsequent to application. The adhesive coating shall be smooth and
uniform and be free of lumps and bare spots. There shall be no separator
between adjacent layers of the roll. The tape shall be UL Recognized
under UL Standard 510. The tape shall perform at a temperature of 302°F
(150°C) without loss of physical or electrical properties.
splices for 600-volt wire rated at 266° F (130° C) shall be insulated
with a minimum of two half-lapped layers of 3M™ Glass Cloth Electrical
Shelf Life & storage
This product has a 5-year
shelf life from date of manufacture when stored in a humidity controlled
storage (50°F/10°C to 80°F/27°C and <75% relative humidity).